9 of 11 photos
Thumbnails
Info
Categories & Keywords

Category:Architecture and Structures
Subcategory:Churches
Subcategory Detail:
Keywords:Charles II of Navarre, Mantes, Navarre chapel
Photo Info

Dimensions667 x 1000
Original file size181 KB
Image typeJPEG
Color spaceUncalibrated

The Navarre chapel was added to the right-hand side of the ambulatory around 1355 by Charles II, king of Navarre and count of Evreux (Charles the Bad).
Called by Viollet-le-Duc "the masterpiece of the 14th century", this chapel forms a lofty shrine, illuminated by large windows.