Keywords:Chiesa del Gesù, Church of the Gesù, Giacomo Della Porta, Giovanni Battista Gaulli, Ignatius of Loyola, Jesuits, Rome, Vignola
Dimensions900 x 597
Original file size219 KB
Interior of the Church of the Gesù. The main church of the Jesuit Order was built between 1568 and 1584, following a design by Giacomo Barozzi da Vignola and completed by Giacomo Della Porta. The frescoes on the ceiling and the dome, depicting the "Triumph of the Sacred Name of Jesus" and "the Vision of heaven", were designed by Giovanni Battista Gaulli (1661-1685).