Keywords:Carmelites, Jean-Baptiste Despax, Marc Haegeman, Toulouse, chapelle des Carmélites, frescoes, monasteries, rue Périgord
Dimensions1100 x 872
Original file size316 KB
The only surviving part of the Carmelites monastery, the chapel was built in 1622-1643. Several artists took care of the decorations praising the order - Jean-Pierre Rivalz (1625-1706), his son Antoine (1667-1735) and foremost Jean-Baptiste Despax (1710-1773) who completed the work in 1751.